Monday, January 4, 2010

Hi, my name's Stacey and I'm a magazine addict.

Here we are, day four and I'm already amazed at what I'm learning about myself as a consumer.

I've never been the kind of girl to buy expensive clothes or worry much about brand name items (except for Lulu, of course). But when it comes the the small things, the impulse buys, I go crazy without even noticing it.

Like on Sunday, I was doing my weekly grocery shopping and without realizing it, I had put two cooking magazines into my cart. A habitual (and completely unnecessary) purchase for me. It felt good the put them back on the rack. And I saved about $10 in the process.

To breaking my magazine habit! ~Stacey


5 comments:

  1. Wow, I commend you two for this, I will be following along to see how it goes. I imagine it will be interesting as well as life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I read this, I realized that I may be a magazine addict too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy going to the local library. Lots of stuff free, like your magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to libraries! Without them, I'm not sure if I could do this! ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a magazine addict too!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete