Monday, July 19, 2010

Thanks for the Help & the Clothes!

First, I want to thank Lauren, Courtney, Julie, and Jenn for their thoughtful responses to the question: Would buying new mats & blocks out of my business fund count as new purchases for this project?

The feedback was mixed, but I was able to pull from everyone’s ideas and here’s what I decided to do:

I loved Lauren’s tip about “encouraging the students to bring their own [mats/blocks]”, but as Julie and Jenn suggested eliminating them altogether just isn’t realistic or a good business move. So, I accepted Coutney’s challenge and looked for alternative options.

After some research I learned that Jade is now making a new yoga mat called Encore. These “new” mats are made from – are you ready… recycled yoga mats.

Only one hitch- the price is about 4X more than what I would normally spend on rental mats!

In the end (and after some quick accounting), I decided to buy only six mats instead of the twelve I’ll be replacing (hopefully encouraging more people to buy their own, but still having some available when needed). I also decided to wait on purchasing more blocks and will make do with what I have until next year.

Second, (and on a completely unrelated topic) I wanted to thank both Sally and Lee Anne for passing along their gently-used-but-in-perfectly-good-condition Lululemon yoga clothes to me. I’m not sure if they were trying to tell me something (like my old clothes were starting to smell from all of the hot yoga), but I’m delighted to have a few new additions to my yoga wardrobe.

I am continually amazed at the generosity and help available to me when I open myself up to it.

Thank You.

~Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment