Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting Creative


I’ve had to get creative in order to accomplish/create some things that I usually would have bought without batting an eye. This involves a little thinking outside the box, which I’m enjoying very much.

Because I'm a writer, I always have a "board" up. This is what I use to plot out story ideas by clipping sequences of events and themes on ribbon with clothes pins. Recently, I’d run out of ribbon and I pondered where I could find some used. I searched a few different thrift stores, but came home empty handed. I was at the last thrift store I could think of, a bit discouraged, when I saw a bag of ties bunched together for $1.99. They were beautiful colors, very long, and I decided to try to string them together and use them instead of ribbon. It worked out lovely, and it’s actually sturdier and easier to pin my ideas, too. How cool. I’ll never go back to ribbon again!

Second thing is this: I helped organize a bachelorette party over the weekend for a friend. The bride-to-be loves cupcakes, and I wanted to do something fun and slightly inappropriate for her, so I decided to bake cupcakes and make them sexual in some way. In the past, I would have just gone to party city or an adult store and bought some plastic penises and slapped them on top of the icing. But instead, I had to think about this and get creative. While looking around my cabinets, I found gummy worms and bears, so I cut the worms in half and attached the bears to the side of each worm to look like a penis and balls. A total riot! What do you think? Fun, right?

-Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Um... this picture is both disturbing and hilarious. Way to get creative!!! ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha...I will never again be able to see a "worm" when confronted with a Gummy Worm. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete