Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cleansing Myself of Boots with Lots of Fruit


I'm halfway through a week long yoga/fruit cleanse which I started on Saturday. Before that, I'd cut out alcohol for 2 weeks and coffee for a week. The cleanse itself is 7 days straight of yoga and the food part of the cleanse is this:

Days 1,2,6, and 7
Breakfast:
Organic yogurt with almonds
Herbal tea

Lunch/Dinner:
All whole foods, meaning a piece of fish or baked tofu or organic chicken
Organic fruits and veggies
Herbal tea

Days 3,4,5
Fruit cleanse
All fruit

Cleansing and following a discipline with food is challenging. It really puts things in perspective and gives me a greater understanding of my choices and habits. Am I eating cereal late at night because I want to feel comforted? Am I drinking too much coffee because I'm not sleeping enough? Am I gorging myself because I didn't do a good job snacking during the day? Why am I not satisfied???

With this investigation of myself and my relationship to food, I can't help but ask the same questions of my material spending/wanting habits. I notice that when I've started shopping in the past, its never enough and I can't seem to stop. My friend Faith mentioned something similar the other day.

With fall approaching, my inclination is to want new fall stuff: boots, sweaters, etc. I've been in and out of thrift stores on the prowl. I don't NEED any of these things, but something in me craves them because its become a habit. Also, I love the fall and how it feels like a new start. I've also began a new relationship and the dumb girl in me wants to look cute all the time and have new clothes to show myself off. But I don't need anything. I have a new start and a new guy without a new pair of boots, as silly as that might sound. I don't need to impress anyone. They are already impressed. :)

So I'm cleansing not only my mind of food habits, but fall shopping habits.

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment