Saturday, May 22, 2010

It’s New To Me!

I was shocked, appalled, and absolutely ashamed when I realized that it has been nearly a month since my last post.

(Sorry Court, for making you float the blog for most of May.)

But I’m happy to report I’ve been good. I haven’t slipped, not once this month.

Until recently, I’ve been too busy with the remodel to even think about shopping.

With the help of our amazing Dads (and a good team of professional floor installers), Brian and I have painted most of the house, pulled up the old green carpet, laid hardwood floors, and rearranged furniture. The place looks so different and truly feels like ours.

Everything was coming together nicely when we decided we wanted a couple of area rugs and a few other pieces to complete the transformation.

I was determined to find them used, but had no idea where to look.

Then, I read in the paper that a local furniture franchise was having a closeout sale on all of their rugs to make room for new inventory. I went to check it out and bought one of the floor models at a fraction of the original cost. It looks perfect in our living room.

And finally, on a tip from my yoga bud, Melissa, I stopped by a new furniture consignment store in Wexford called, “It’s New To Me” where I found the rest of the items needed to pull the rooms together.

I continue to be so grateful for this project because its forcing me to get creative and really work for the things I decide to bring into my life.

~Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Stace! It looks amazing. Glad you and Brian are able to make a happy home in your own way together. I'm excited about the rug...what a cool thing to find out about. Can't wait for you to get here. We must blog together.
    -Court

    ReplyDelete