Sunday, April 25, 2010

Habitat For Humanity - the store


Alright, folks.

My friend Monica told me about another great resource for home goods and I want to make sure you all know about it. Habitat for Humanity, the organization which builds homes for families all across the country has these ReStores that accept donated goods for resale. While every ReStore is a little different, most focus on home improvement goods—furniture, home accessories, building materials and appliances. These donated goods are sold to the general public at a fraction of the retail price to help local affiliates fund the construction of Habitat homes within their communities.

Now, while I recognize that some of this stuff is new and wouldn't work for this project, I believe a lot of it is refurbished or used. The store I went to had all these beautiful old windows and doors. Used furniture and appliances. And it was all really affordable. So the next time you are looking to make a home repair, check it out.

To look up a location near you, http://www.habitat.org/cd/env/restore.aspx

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment