Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

I know, it’s been over two weeks since my last post.

Let’s just say I’ve been distracted by the nice weather.

Here’s what you’ve missed:

The Good: A few weeks back I took a solo trip to NYC. The purpose of the trip was to attend the second part of a yoga adjustments workshop at Jivamukti. The workshop was fabulous. The weekend ended up being about practicing-lots-of-yoga-eating-rich-foods-&-drinking-good-wine. (A bit contradictory? Yes. But, as any yogi knows… it’s all about balance!)

But I digress. I did not bring this up because of what I did in NYC. I’m mentioning the trip because of what I didn’t do. I did not step foot into any type of retail store. Not The Strand. Not the ginormus Apple store on 5th Avenue. Not lululemon. None of ‘em. And it was an utterly satisfying trip. That’s progress my friends.

The Bad:
We bought paint. Eco friendly? Yes. Used? No.

(Full disclosure: I picked the colors. Brian paid.)

The Ugly:
By mid-May our house will be crawling with construction crews installing new wood floors, carpet, seven new windows, & exterior siding.

We went as “green” as possible (even choosing carpet derived partly from corn).

Brian signed all of the contracts and wrote all of the checks, but I would be lying if I said I sat idly by while he chose the products. Truth be told, I was very vocal throughout the selection process.

Is this cheating? Maybe. Okay… Probably.

However, in this case the long-term investment in our home won out over the Y.O.N.N. project. Consider this my confession. I’ll try to do better tomorrow.

~Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Corn carpet??? Amazing. Well, Stacey. We are both cheaters. Worthless, etc. But I'd like to think of how much this project has changed our complete thought process. Its incredible, really to notice, and I'm glad we are doing it because I see such change in you and know you probably recognize that change in me. Pretty cool. Let's continue...

    ReplyDelete