Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My New Target


So, I have to admit,I had a brief moment of panic when I started thinking about all the stuff Mike and I would "need" for our new place we are moving to in April. Things like kitchen towels, rugs, a microwave, toaster, a coffee table, a kitchen table...just all the basic house stuff which neither of us have. (We've been living with roommates who have these things.)I was about 90% sure that I'd be writing a confession post about how I had to run out to my local Target to purchase these items. But alas, I've figured out a way around it.

Over the weekend, I visited St. Vincent's De Paul in Lincoln Heights, http://www.yelp.com/biz/society-of-st-vincent-de-paul-thrift-store-los-angeles, and oh, my goodness...I struck gold. I've always been a "thrifter," but this place far surpassed my expectations. It was a warehouse and the best organized thrift store I've been to yet. For 20 bucks, I walked out with kitchen towels, pot holders, rugs, pillow cases, kitchen stuff, etc. And when Mike and I are ready to pick up the big stuff like tables and chairs, guess where we are headed?!

For all you Los Angeleans, please check it out! You'll need a good few hours. I spent the first hour just walking around, completely overwhelmed!

I encourage you all to look at your options when you need a common household item. There are so many available in thrift stores and we shouldn't keep manufacturing more of what is already in our consumer system.

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment