Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions...or not.


One more thing:

I took a yoga class yesterday and the teacher had an interesting thing to say about resolutions. He explained how he'd probably made 30 or so in his lifetime and has never actually resolved anything by the end of each year that he has made one.

Instead of making a resolution for the entire year, he suggested: Why not just try to do your best in each moment?

I like that.

I took another class today, and I expected it to be about new beginnings and setting goals... a reflection of the year that's past. I thought I'd be thinking a lot about this project and my experiences of 2010. But, it was just another yoga class, with a focus on breath and movement, and finding who you are in each pose.

So in 2011, I'm just gonna set out to do my best in every moment. It calms me yet still feels intentional. All we have is ourself in the moment we are in, in whatever we are doing, and whoever we are sharing that with.

Here's to doing our best!

Clink. (That was my champagne glass being tapped against yours.)

Namaste, Stacey. Namaste, reader friends!

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment